Selected as the 2017 EC&M Magazine Product of the Year in the category of Fittings, the Universal Super Fitting™ is a revolutionary new product in the electrical industry.
Zinc plated and made from SAE 1020 steel, the 3-piece coupling has a threaded main body, a compression nut, and a serrated split compression ring.
This one electrical fitting interchangeably connects GRC, IMC and EMT and eliminates field threading in order to speed installation.
Konkore’s Universal Super fitting design features a compression ring with sharp serrations in the form of standard threading that firmly grips around a non-threaded pipe or serves as threading to mate with a threaded pipe.
Universal Super Fitting™’s revolutionary design allows both threaded and non-threaded pipes (GRC, IMC, EMT) in one fitting. For threaded pipes, it eliminates rotating the heavy 10′ pipe in order to tighten it. Just a simple, quick turn of the compression nut gets the job done! For non-threaded pipes, Universal Super Fitting™ eliminates the need to cut threads on the pipe. The Universal Super Fitting™ makes the job of the installing contractor far easier and affords them more time, money and allows them to secure more jobs in the wake of all of these savings.
The Universal Super Fitting™ offers the following features and benefits:
- Speed of Installation – Just Insert the conduit and tighten the compression nut
- Reduce Labor Cost – Connects quicker than Standard Couplings and 3-Piece Couplings
- Reduced Material Cost – No need to purchase or inventory 3-Piece Couplings
- Flexible Design – Easy transitions for GRC, IMC and EMT
- Eliminates Field Threading – Connects to threaded or unthreaded product saving labor and space on the job site
- Ideal for corner and tight space applications
The Universal Super Fitting™ is currently only used in dry locations. A wet location certification is underway.
The Universal Super Fitting™ can be part of 10’ GRC or IMC and used to couple with threaded GRC, IMC or non-threaded GRC, IMC, or EMT in 2 ½ “ to 4” trade sizes.
Applicable third party standards for Universal Super Fitting™ include:
- cUL®us Listed to UL® 514B; C22.2 No. 18.3-12
- UL® File # E207875
Start your savings today, by connecting with the Universal Super Fitting™ from Konkore Fittings.
Watch our video on how quick and easy it is to use this Universal Super Fitting™!